Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Welcome to ND's Forest And Environment Blog



About Me


I am Narayan Choudhari, Divisional Forest Officer, Govt. Of Maharashtra presently working in FDCM Bhandara . I am Gold Medalist in Forestry with first Merit in Maharashtra Public Service Commission. I have completed Master in Science in Zoology specialization in Physiology, Master in Law (LL. M.) in commercial Law, Doctor in yoga and naturopathy, Master in Rekie.

During my tenure as Dy. CF Wild Life Pench Division Nagpur, we removed   84 hectares of encroachment with 2000 cement building from Pench Tiger Project and 200 hectares of agricultural encroachment in Bor Sanctuary and got international World Wildlife Fund award (WWF) in 2002 at New Delhi. We seized 13 tons of antlers in Nagpur, Maharashtra, nine tigers and panther’s skin, poachers and represented the legal cases in court in absence of government pleaders. We Conducted training and workshops of Judges, police officers, revenue officers, forest officers, in forest act 1927 and Wild Life act 1972. We Conducted state level bamboo workshop and medicinal plant workshop.


I have carried out research in organic holi color and manufactured 5 tones of organic holi color with help of tribal people by using Bixa seeds, curcuma, heena, rice powder, natural scents, flower petals and patented the brand as “FAGUN” with Government of India. Organic holi colors were packed in professional handicraft paper packages.  They were sold in West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, MP, Gujarat and Maharashtra. I carried out public awareness regarding ill effects of chemical holi colors and advantages of using organic holi colors.


I have been trained as master trainer in Yoga by Janardan Swami Yoga Mandal, Nagour  and got diploma in Yoga. I imparted trainings in yoga practices to men and women in local schools at Nagpur. I advocated and gave consultation in yoga and naturopathy practices to people and use of distilled cow urine to recover the ailments of Asthma, Arthritis, and Allergy, Stomach problems, Skin diseases and cancer also.

I enjoy drawing and paintings as natural scenes, wild life paintings, portraits human beings and drawings of Gods. I got awards in tiger cub painting. 


I write articles on forest and environment, wild life, yoga and naturopathy. My various articles on same topics have been published in various leading English, Marathi and Hindi news papers and magazines. My programs on Forest and Wild Life, Environment, Fisheries were telecast on radio and television.